Re: headlamp alignment

To: robert@woozy.com
Subject: Re: headlamp alignment
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 12:22:53 +0000
From: robert weeks

> Does anyone know what the #s are for headlamp adjustment?
> What I am looking for is if you park the car on a level surface
> facing a wall how many feet should the car be away from the
> wall and then how many inches up the wall and right and left
> of center should the beams be aimed?

Just replaced the headlights on my V8 and there is a generic setup in
the instructions.

The headlights should be 10 metres away from a wall that is at least 3
metres wide.  Mark the centre points of the headlights on the wall.
Turn on the dipped beam.  You should see a  horizontal top to the beam
on the offside, and a kink and an upward angle to the beam on the
nearside.  The kink should pass through the centre points and the flat
top should be 130 to 230 millimetres below the centre points (230 for
hydrolastic suspension only).

PaulH.