Re: Midget test drive (I

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Midget test drive (I
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 05:48:00 -0500
Larry and Mike wrote :
LM>>Hello,
LM>> As you know, I'm a college student who needs a way to amuse himself when
LM>>not
LM>>working at digging myself out of this work-pit.  So, when I spotted a yello
LM>>rubber-bumpered midget sitting at a car lot about 25 minutes out of town,
LM>>I got
LM>>ideas of a test-drive.  I won't buy it unless the price is right and I
LM>>have the
LM>>money, but I really want to test drive the baby just to see if it really
LM>>is more
LM>>powerful than a 'B (I doubt it!)
LM>Believe it or not - in stock form the rubber bumpered Midgets will out
LM>perform the same year B. In handling, acceleration and fuel milage. Go
LM>back to the late 70's R&T and look at the comparisons for your self.
LM>Remember you have a 1500 engine vs an 1800 engine in cars where one is
LM>significantly heavier than the other, both with single Z-S carbs. Note
LM>this is for the Rubber bumpered cars Not the chrome bumpered. I suspect
LM>the equation is reversed in the earlier cars 'cuz the Midget had smaller
LM>engines.

 The B I told everone about test driving, was a 76 rubber bumper, and I
 know my 71 1275 midget could take it ! And the B was  De- smogged! Can
 anyone do the pounds/ hp on these cars to see if this really adds up ?
 I have 65 hp ( de-smogged 1275 ) and 1600 #  sooo  about 25#/hp how do
 the b's stack up ?
 Oh ya, I think midget hp's dropped when they went to the 1500. The 1275
 was, I think the best midget motor was the 67 1275.

LM>> So, should the guy say "Give me $200 and it's yours", should I look for th
LM>>same things that I look for in a 'B?  I know the basics about serious
LM>>rust, no blue
LM>>smoke, tire wear, water in the oil, etc, but is there anything
LM>>Midget-specific?
LM>>Thanks, I could be a new proud Midget owner soon.
LM>Basically the same things. And remeber the death rattle.

LM>>--
LM>>Michael S. Lishego
LM>>St. Andrews Presbyterian College
LM>>Elementary Education Major,
LM>>English Minor, Class of 1999
LM>>R.A. of Winston-Salem Hall

LM>Good Luck

LM>Larry Macy
LM>78 Midget
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO Interactive * 216-381-3320 * telnet://bbs.pcohio.net
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web at http://www.pcohio.net