Re: electric cooling fans

Subject: Re: electric cooling fans
From: "White, Richard H." <White@courier3.aero.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 08:23:00 -0800
REPLY FROM: White, Richard H.

Steve, I believe you might have a bad relay on the passenger side fender
well, near the fusebox.  These are under rated and burn up on all late model
cars.  Replace with 30 amp bosch units.  I think this is so, because the
cooling fan on late model cars did not run with out the ignition key on.
Even power was cut to the brake lights.  RW

I have a 78 mgb with the electric cooling fans.  I have not had any troubles
with it except when I drive up to a group of other lbc people.  They are all
amused at how long the fans run.   Depending on the air temp the fans can run
for a good 10-15 minutes after turning the car off.  There has even been
times when the you can hear the battery run down as the fans are running.
Question is how long should the fans run???
thanks in advance
steve petrosky
cinti, ohio