Re: MOWOG - The True Meaning!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MOWOG - The True Meaning!
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 17:19:07 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, Paul Hunt wrote:

> >From the pages of none other than Volume 1 of 'The BMH Magazine' from
> British Motor Heritage, handed out free at this weekends Classic Car
> Show at the NEC in Birmingham, UK:-
>
> "On various castings and stampings on a Mini (and most other former BMC
> parts, in fact) the legend MOWOG can be found.  This stands for
> Morris-Wolseley Group.  I know someone who once had a cat called Mowog
> ..."
>
> So, no MG eh?  How can it possibly be a legend, then?

Who wrote that?  What are his credentials?  Where did he get that
information?  I'm not trying to refute the claim, but let's not forget
that just because something is in writing doesn't necessarily make it
fact.

I no longer care what MOWOG really stands for.  As far as I'm concerned,
it means "Hey Chip, I might be an MG part. Get me off this flea market
table and take me home".

And I know someone who had a dog called MOWOG the Wonderdog.  Rotten
little car-sick Jack Russell Terrier.  Threw up in my TC out on the
Skyline Drive many years ago.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us