Re: Tallest and Heaviest Midg

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net, john.kahoon@pcohio.com
Subject: Re: Tallest and Heaviest Midg
From: Jon Larsen <jon.larsen@mnplan.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:53:40 -0600
Trevor, Kai, and Mike Lambdin - please delete so we don't waste your time.
I don't generally post to the whole list, nor do I own a Midget, but an
acquaintance of mine from the dim, dark past owned a Midget in the late 60s or
early 70s (bought it new) and he was closing in on seven (7!) feet tall. He
name is Terry Hinrichs and I know he was past well 6' 7" ; probably at least 6'
10". He had to fold himself up like a lawn chair to get in and out, but he was
always quite comfortable once he was behind the wheel. I wouldn't be surprised
if he had the seat rails moved back. I personally have always been amazed at
the leg room in a car such as the Midget, which always looked to me like you
could fit it inside the back end  of a Mercury Colony Park wagon (If you could
get it past the wheel wells).

Jon Larsen
79 MGB (Pageant Blue)

Fred wrote :

FK>In reading Brookland's Road and Track on MG Sports Cars 1962-80, I
FK>noticed many references to comfort of the Midget. If my 63 MK I was not
FK>a sidecurtain model, I would feel like a sardine. Just as a point of
FK>Humor, out of us midget owners who is the tallest and who is the
FK>heaviest? At 5' 8 7/8" I'm not the tallest, but at 220 lbs, I may be the
FK>heaviest. If not for the door pockets my elbows would be cracking the
FK>roll up windows.

FK>Fred

 I'm 6' 3"  and 180 lbs. and my midget is more comfortable for my
arthritic back than the 88 celebrity I usually drive !

John Kahoon
71 midget
---
   SLMR 2.1a   john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO Interactive * 216-381-3320 * telnet://bbs.pcohio.net
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web at http://www.pcohio.net