Re: Video Games?

To: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: Video Games?
From: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 15:25:21 -0500
>>With Christmas approaching, I am interested in finding a "race" video game
>>that features LBC's.
>
>Unfortunately, LBC racing doesn't appeal much to the average home-pc gamer.
>You'll mostly find high-performance stuff (Ferrarri, Porsche, Dodge Viper)
>on games. I have found that R&T "Need for Speed" has some pretty good cars
>(including my fav, the Rx-7) but no LBC's.
>BEN RUSET

Need For Speed, IMHO, is the best race simulation game out there!  I own
both version 1 and 2, and they are both good.  Only NFS2 features LBCs, like

McLaren F1
Jag XJ220
Lotus GT1
Lotus Esprit V8

(and you can download a few other cars on the 'net!)...

You should be able to find NFS2 (or NFS2 SE) for about $40-45 (US).  Good
game...be fore warned!  It is a graphics intensive!  Minimum CPU for NFS2
is a Pentium 90...I wouldn't run it on anything less than a P120.  The
faster your CDROM is the better...or if you have a slow CDROM you can
download a patch that will allow you to install the whole game on your hard
drive (nice and fast!)

NFS1 is requires less of your PC, but it is hard to find now that NFS2/SE
has come out...

My favorite car out of the 9 I can choose, is the Lotus GT1...

Cheers,

Kai

Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Dialogue Internet - Intelligent Internet Solutions (Net Khan)

IRC: irc.mcs.net, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)