Oil Filter: Round 3 (Clang!)

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil Filter: Round 3 (Clang!)
From: "Gary A. Graham" <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 18:10:37 -0500
As we left our hero beaten and discouraged slinking into the night,
he vowed to return and conquer the Evil Forces of Havoline or perish
in the attempt.

Actually, I cut the canister off down at the base plate and removed
the spin-on adapter (which I would have done about 17 vocabulary
drills ago had I realized how easy that was.) Then, after pounding
the blade of a putty knife between the adapter and the rubber seal
of the remaing piece of filter, I put the wrench to it and, wonder
of wonders, it began to turn!

Thanks to all who responded to my plight. I used all of the
suggestions! I do have to dress a little burr on the mounting
surface, but it looks like it will seal just fine. Btw, is there
supposed to be a gasket between the spin-on adapter and the engine?

Thanks again, Listers!

Gary
74 MGB (now filterless and anxiously waiting fresh oil!)