Time to order (and rebuild) rear suspension on MGA

To: georgem1@asiaonline.net.tw
Subject: Time to order (and rebuild) rear suspension on MGA
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 09:57:50 -0500 (EST)
***********************************
George:
The MGA is up on blocks for the winter and it seems like a good time to
replace the entire rear suspension.  I know you provided instructions on
how to order and save on parts cost through you.  Would you mind
repeating?  By the way, the soft top has been refinished (by me) and looks
great!  A local shoe repair shop suggested that I sand as much of the
paint spotting off the top as possible.  He gave me some industrial strength
shoe dye (black) and instructed me to apply until paint was covered.  Then
provided me with a waterproof spray dye (MAGIX SHOE COLOR SPRAY, KIWI
BRANDS INC., DOUGLASSVILLE, PA) to apply to the entire surface.  This
covered the spotting repairs and also evened out the color, including some
fading.  The top looks brand new!!  Of course the test (waterproof, no
running) will have to wait for the spring.  A local upholstery shop will
rebuild the front flap for me.  Once tacked back on,  should be ready for
the first wet spring drive.

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;