OT

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: OT
From: "J. Neil Doane" <root@yeah.indstate.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 11:59:14 -0600 (CST)
This is weird, for some reason this message won't send through the list.

My apologies for anyone who gets this more than once, but as I've sent it
three times in various ways, its now less of a friendly story and more of
a small war.:)

----------------

Well, when first I decided to head out to the garage and take the 'B to
grab a movie, I had the simple intention of actually just going to the
store and back...but as the unseasonably warm 53-degree mid-November
night air hit me a thought occurred "Why not just put the top down...it's
a _great_ night...this could be fun."

I'd heard lots of folks speak of their MGs on this list in almost reverent
tones, detailing small excursions with the top down, but heck, I've ridden
a motorcycle as my primary mode of transportation for over two years,
ridden the wildest backroads I could find, ridden through the roughest
weather in mere leathers and helmet...my new little car couldn't be that
much different...right?  Ha.

Well...after reading the recent posts on driving your B like a sports car
I gave it a try, dropping the top and man, what FUN!  My little trip
across town was forgotten for a half hour as I zipped in and out of
traffic, through suburbs and downtown.  Ooops...better get the movie!  So
I nearly skidded to a halt in front of the rental shop, sprinted in and
out and hit the road again.  For another hour and a half, the road was
calling... as I put the top up I could have sworn I heard the B
chuckling.

By the time I finally brought the B back to the garage, it was too late to
watch the movie and I was met with a small group of people whom I'd left
saying "Oh, sure, they have that movie, I'll just hop over and pick it
up...be right back!"  oops.  Oh well.  I'm not sure if I have a point
here, but I sure do love the B. :)

Damn, it's raining today.

neil doane