welders/welding

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: welders/welding
From: Robert Arndt or Tricia Blossom <rcateb@mc.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 16:12:12 -0600
I'm the fng to the mgs digest and ask for your patience with any undue
ramblings or
recovered threads. Thought my welding experience for Tyson's consideration
might be
helpful.  First, I would buy a welder that can be upgraded to gas (mig).
Innershield is
ok but it will be nice to have option to upgrade as I think gas is easier,
cleaner and
cooler on panels- besides, might need Christmas gift ideas for next year.  I
have
Lincoln Weldpak 100 and gas conversion was $100.  I lease gas cylinder and pay
annual
rent of $18 for the cylinder.

When I got my Welder I went to local junk yard and brought a beat up panel to
practice
on.  It was a late model ford fender.  Cut it up and stiched, seamed, lapped
and "spot"
welded it back together; hey, it was a new toy!  If you can become proficent
welding
this thin guage domestic metal you should look like a pro on the LBC's.  Good
luck.
Bob-too many LBC's
51 MGTD, 60 MGA, 75 TR6.