Re: Hearing loss prevented

To: simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com
Subject: Re: Hearing loss prevented
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 13:11:18 EST
Hi Simon,
  Our '72 GT used to have the most outrageous resonance at 2600-2950 or
so. Getting the OD into operation was a real blessing.  Still, it was too
loud and it did still buzz.
  Bought the rubber blocks that fit in the rear fenders. Some help, but
not much.
  Put in new plastic under-dash panels. Helped more than one would think.
  Put pieces of carpet on all the floor under the spare tire. Helped.
  Put carpet scraps in the bottoms of the rear fenders. Helped too.
  Put carpet underlayment under the carpets. Better for heat retention
than noise.
  Replaced the transmission mounts----Man! What an incredible difference!

Bob