Re: RPM's too high?

To: "J. Neil Doane" <root@yeah.indstate.edu>, "Rick Brown" <mgrick@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: RPM's too high?
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 22:45:03 -0500
In the 10 years I have owned my Midget, I have made many all-day cruises
between Havelock, NC and Washington, DC (about 350 miles one way) at 3000 -
3500 rpm.  I haven't  torn down the engine, so I can't comment yet on what,
if anything, this has done to the motor, except that it continues to purr.
I use a lead substitute on those cruises out of town, just in case it does
some good; and I try to keep the rpm to below 3500, just in case it does
some good  (3500 is the limit to my comfort level.  I did hit 95 mph coming
down a hill in Pennsylvania this summer, but it was out of gear :-)

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G   "OO NINE"