Re: Harness Tape

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Harness Tape
From: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 08:52:13 -0500 (EST)
Art-

Thanks for the info...the body shop supply folks here are recommending an
acrylic enamel with a hardener system (they don't even sell lacquer any
more).  I guess that's part of the higher cost I'm seeing.  I'm not sure
what I'm going to do now.  I hope you don't mind a few more questions... :)

1) What is Prep-Sol?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Rich Mason
'73 MGB
Huntsville, AL

Rich,

A few years ago there was a discussion on this list about the dangers of
painting with hardeners.  There was a story about a guy that used this paint
with no breathing apparatus.  Supposedly, he breathed the vapors, went to
bed, the paint hardened on his lungs, and he suffocated in his sleep.
Whether it is true or not, it would seem to be a good idea to not take the
idea of safty precautions too lightly.  Some of the paints are really nasty
to the human body.  Good luck-

Don Mathis

Don Mathis,Ph.D.
donmathis@lucent.com