MGA Convertible top, toneau and carpet

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA Convertible top, toneau and carpet
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 09:45:36 -0600
I am restoring my MGA and am looking at canvas tops and tonneau. I have
looked at materials from Scarborough Faire and Caribou Canvas. Has
anybody got any comments or experience with these two companies?

I have bought some parts from Scarborough Faire and had few problems.
Where there were any, they rectified them. They are pretty easy to deal
with. And their trade pricing is pretty reasonable. I have not heard of
anybody buying from Caribou. Do any of these come with all the
top-mounted hardware. I know that the body mounted hardware is purchased
separately.

I am considering the Scarborough Faire top with a zip-down rear window.
Anybody got one of them? How are they?

Also comments on benefits / problems with short, mid and long
toneauswould be appreciated.

And lastly, how are the carpet sets from Scarborough Faire vs, Moss? (My
coupe has a Moss kit by the PO.)

Chuck
  MGA 1600 coupe
  MGA 1500 roadster (under restoration)