Re: Found 67' MGBGT

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Found 67' MGBGT
From: Don Markham <markham@netusa1.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 20:33:29 -0500
Well I went and looked the car over tonight and found the
following, The body has bodo in the rockers, lower front
fenders and above rear wheel wells. Floor pans in real good
shape, seats are out of a latter model that had head rests
at one time as well as cloth coverings,  Engine is a 18 GH
and the transmission appears to be about the same vintage
(I'm guessing due to the style of the shifter and knob). The
car has all of the tools in it still and appears to be
structurally sound as far as spring mounting points and
wheel arch supports. The most interesting thing I found was,
it is a MGB GT SPECIAL, It still has the emblems on the
front fenders and a beautiful wood rimmed steering wheel.
(What else was different about the special's?)

    I did buy the car for mainly the steering wheel and a
bunch of other small bits and pieces such as the aluminum
trim around the windows, the windshield, and dash parts. I
will be parting this car out. SO, if anyone needs something
from this let me know what it is and I will check the car
for it as soon as it comes home (this Friday) and let you
know the condition.

Don Markham
67 MGB GT in parts
67 MGB GT Special (donor car)