Re: Welcome to the List

To: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>, "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: Welcome to the List
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 97 08:47:33 -0500
<SNIP, Big SNIP>
>The Midget folks are the Sibyls of MG-dom as they can't seem to remember
>if they are
>powered by the mighty 'A' series motor (which has nothing to do with your
>'A') or the
>limp-wristed TR S*itfire. And if that isn't distracting enough, they are
>frustrated
>that the list gods won't give them their own list (or at least one that isn't
>write-only).

Got one (spridgets@autox.team.net) Nayah nayah nayah
Spoiled big MG iron foolish driver.
>There are a few rugged, intelligent, handsome, charismatic, and generally
>wonderful
>people who also frequent list -- the small group who mostly agree with me.

Why thanks
>My only words of advice are
>
>1.) don't take any of this personally because as, after all, no one actually
>     knows you personally,
'sept Bob's Mom
>2.) never dump your used oil south of the 49th parallel,
Or north of the equator
>3.) ask all the questions you want but one to a post is best for a response
Unless you want a diatribe from Bob, Bill, Barney, Trevor, Nory or.....
>4.) be somewhat sensitive to all the people in the world that do not have a
>     sense of humor (and then ignore them),
Yep
>5.) when you make fun of the 'A' crowd (and the opportunities are
>    limitless) always run the text through your spell checker.
Sometimes the discussion gets too fast and furious for the spell checker
- just send away (I have and been busted for it too)

>Welcome to the LBC Underworld
PS it helps if you know a LOT about the mid 60's to mid 70's musicians
and tunes

>BTW, IMHO, LBC = Lunatics Bragging about Cars
>--
>Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
>"A bore is someone who persists in holding his own views after we have
>enlightened him
>with ours."

Larry Macy
78 Midget