Re: sacrifices...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: sacrifices...
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 09:18:38 -0800 (PST)
At 10:35 AM 11/28/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I want to share a trick on this subject matter that has worked with two
>members of the other gender so far.
>In both cases, enthusiasm left something to be desired.  She kind of liked
>riding in the Sprite, but didn't understand what all the fuss was about.
>UNTIL I let them drive it by themselves.  In both cases I was later told
>tales of honking, waving and commenting male drivers!
>Things I seldom experience when driving the car myself.  Apparently, a
>young lady piloting a rather cute basilica blue roadster (if I may say so
>myself) warrants much attention in traffic and this attention has more
>impact on the female enthusiasm for the car than I would have imagined.

Reminds of an adventure my wife had when we were first married.  At that
time we were a two MGB family, a`66 GT in excellent shape and a four year
old `76 I bought new. His an' hers, whoever left home first took the car at
the end of the driveway.

My wife was driving home in the GT late in the evening, after dark.  While
stopped at an intersection in one of the less reputable parts of New
Westminster the passenger door was flung open and a complete stranger jumped
into the passenger seat, "Nice car, lady!" the guy says.  My wife was so
flustered she drove away with this guy in the navigators seat when the light
changed.  He was calm, rational and apparently more interested in the car
than her (!) she answered a few car related questions, drove him a couple
blocks then let him out when he asked.  She didn't get really rattled untill
after he'd left.  By the time she got home she was a basket case.  Since
then she drives everwhere with the doors locked.

She's a true LBC fan, can hold her own in non-techie LBC conversations and
is the only SO in our club that insists on sharing the driving on any
extended road trips in the TC.  How many wives do you know that drive TC's?
She'll even take it to LBC events on her own if I'm unavailable.  Ulix has
got the answer guys, get your SO behind the wheel!

Cheers,
  Ross MacPherson
 1947 MG-TC 3528
 1966 MGB-GT