Lightweight B

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lightweight B
From: Darren_Jameson@illinova.com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 10:42:36 -0600
Just a shot in the dark, but were there ever any aluminum panels besides
the bonnet available for the B and BGT?  I've seen some "Sebring" models
around, but I'm sure that there's plenty of the o'l 'glass in those wings.
Also on a side note. I have a wonderful .jpg of a B-V8 with a painstakingly
louvered the bonnet. Has anyone in the group ever done this with success?
I would think that it would do wonders for keeping the temps down,
especially with the V8.
Since I have a case of "V8 envy", I am considering building one for myself.
I am most interested in utilising aluminim where possible. (Kinda like
Audi's idea)
I also have a lead on using some composites on this project too.  I'll keep
you up to date on this as it develops.
Thanks a bunch,
Darren Jameson