Antw: Re: (NO LBC) Was "RE: TR7 - Good or Bad" now American Tec

To: bruset@monmouth.com (Benjamin Ruset)
Subject: Antw: Re: (NO LBC) Was "RE: TR7 - Good or Bad" now American Tec
From: hert@worldaccess.nl
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 97 17:19:59 GMT
> >> companies here, but Congress, and the Big Corporations, well...we may
> have started the ball
> >> rolling with democracy, but we certainly haven't perfected it.
> >
> >And you could use some new history books too.
>
> elaborate, please.
>
> BEN RUSET

OK, but just quickly because this is a car list. I have always been taught:

The classic ancient democracy: Greece
The classic modern democracy: England (although there's still no constitution
and there's a
funny institution called House of Lords)
Old USA: late democracy, but only for some

As I see it now, present-day USA: nicely democratic if you have money,
otherwise not. BUT:  ...
at least everybody there has a basic chance to make money ...

Please note: I don't want to start a political/nationalistic thread on the MG
list, and I'm not
bothered in the least bit when everybody wishes each other a nice Thanksgiving
on the list,
whatever it is. If you don't agree with my remarks, just ignore them or mail me
privately.

Car bit: I thought myself a real hero when I drove in my B today with the top
down and
temperature around freezing point. I was doing 60 mph on the highway when a RHD
V8 BGT
with new Dutch plates, also maroon and chrome bumpers, passed me, doing at
least 110. This
guy went so fast he didn't even wave at me. He had the car I want!

Peter
74B