Re: MGB windshield washers

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>, Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: MGB windshield washers
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 23:49:19 -0800
Fer gawds sakes man, you prime it with water, then pump unitl you get
windshield washer fluid., No problem with freezing in the hoses then.  On
the windsceen, it might be another matter, but hey, just scrape it off with
your handy ice scraper. No big deal.Me, I'm not going to take a mouthfull
of windhsield washer fluid, blech!

btw for those of you new to winter climes, you can use COLD water to de ice
your windshield in the morning, but don't use hot, or you'll be calling you
local parts supplier for new glass.

Greg

At 10:04 PM 12/3/97 -0600, Robert Allen wrote:
>That's the problem with this list. You get to much half-ass advice!
>Joesph may have a good idea with his method of priming the pump but, in
>the words of Nolan Penney "Good Gawd man" It's winter! Water will freeze
>and truly split the tubes. Use proper windshield washer fluid!
>
>Joseph Cianciotti wrote:
>>
>> You may not have a leak.  Last time I had to get my pump started after a
>> long stretch of non use, it took a few mouthfuls of water blown into the
>> hose to get it started.  Give it a try.  It may sound gross but I sure
>> beats crawling around under the dash.
>>
>> Original message from John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
>> >
>> >Well, I replaced the windsheild washer pump, and that now works, but I
>> >still don't get water out of the nozzles. I can blow into the hose and
>> >air comes out, but I think I may have a split in a how somewhere. How do
>> >you get to the back of the panel that the windshield wipers and washers
>> >come out of? It doesn't look like you do it from behind the dash (I
>> >didn't disassemble to see for sure).  Basically, what I think I need to
>> >do is replace the hose from the pump to the nozzle, but I can't get to
>> >it...
>
>Bob Allen, Kansas City, 69CGT, 75TR6, and this Elva
>"Husband: Hey, honey, how about a quickie?  Wife: As opposed to what?"

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats