Wheel Alignment, thanks for the help

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wheel Alignment, thanks for the help
From: "The Johnson's" <mgpilot2@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 11:31:21 -0700
Thanks to all who responded to my dilemma.  My husband went up to talk to
the shop (he can usually stay a little more rational than I can about my
car, I think it scared him when I said I would like to get a hold of a
certain part of anatomy and squeeze until they turned black)  and they
"explained" why it needed the bearings packed.  He also asked what they used
on the knockoffs and they "explained" that they used channel locks and
didn't realize they marked them up so bad, but they were willing to go half
on a new set.  Not good enough for me.  I went up the next day and
"explained" that I thought they didn't have a clue and asked why they didn't
call me for authorization and to find out where my knockoff wrench was.  He
said they should of and he was sorry.  He offered to refund my money, but I
said he needn't bother, I had already stopped payment on the check.  I
"explained" to him that there are two things in my life you don't mess
with-one is my kids, the other is my car.  I then talked to the "mechanic"
that worked on my car and he said it wasn't his fault- he just couldn't find
the wrench (as he was saying this he was tightening a bolt with a pair of
tin snips).  Needless to say I won't return there.

Thanks again for the help.

Kathy
70B Mr. Green (Backed into twice in the last month)
77 Midget Colonel Mustard(would like to trade for a restorable chrome bumper
GT for Daughter #4)
94 GMC P/U (Husbands "macho" truck -3/4 ton,4wd,diesel)
50 GMC P/U (Waiting to be restored for Daughter #3)
71 VW Bug (Daughter #2's)
89 CRXsi (Daughter #1)
1 Dog
8 Cats (Thinking of going into business, I hear they are very versatile
tools)