Re: Yank film (long, funny and very off-topic

To: Philip Raby <philip.raby@eos-magazine.com>
Subject: Re: Yank film (long, funny and very off-topic
From: Peter Landy <plandy@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 13:31:58 -0800
Philip Raby wrote:

> One man shooting at 20 men has a better chance of killing them than 20
> men firing at 1 man.

This reminds me of one scene from the movie of "Total Recall".  Arnold
is ambushed by a ring of army, at extreme close quarters, firing
hundreds of rounds straight into him.  He feigns injury then stands up
laughing.  He wasn't laughing because the men were shooting at his
holographic image. He was laughing because all those bullets which
travelled through the ring of fire didn't scrape one soldier standing
across from each other.

> Action heroes never face charges for manslaughter or criminal damage
> despite laying entire cities to waste by their actions.
Ever notice how a cop doesn't show up until the hero wipes out the bad
guys first?

Movies are made for IQs below zero.

Peter Landy
'74 Bgt