Re: Clutch Pedal Vibration

Subject: Re: Clutch Pedal Vibration
From: "White, Richard H." <White@courier3.aero.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 10:44:00 -0800
I have the same problem on a MGB.  Replaced the clutch twice, pilot shaft
bushing, main shaft bearing and its still there.  Current thoughts are that
it might be worn input shaft splines or the flywheel might not be bolted on
quite right.  I did loosen the engine/bellhousing bolts, drove the car a
little and retighten them.  It seems to have helped some, aligned the two a
little better.  The B doesnt have the dowel alignment pins.  Richard
REPLY FROM: White, Richard H.

Listers

If the clutch is used alot, ie. stop start driving in town one starts
to get a vibration back through the clutch pedal when it is depressed.

New clutch + release bearing 20 months ago (5000 miles).

The problem hasn't really got any worse. I think we're looking at
premature clutch bearing wear.

Any thoughts - guess I'm going to have to pull it?

Chris

'71 Midget (the car that is)

==
Chris Nevard

"If at first you don't succeed, bury all the evidence of the attempt"

<http://www.mgcars.org/cambs.mgoc/images2/chris.jpg>
Work <nevardc@sky4.bskyb.com> Other <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>