Re: Backfiring

To: "Tom Reichard" <tom@lakemurray.com>
Subject: Re: Backfiring
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 11:05:14 -0500
Hello Tom:

Backfiring on overrun usually implies a overly lean mixture and is often
due to vacuum leaks.  It could result from a leaking exhaust manifold
gasket.  The other possibility is the air pump.  On many cars - I don't
know about smogged MGs - there is a device which prevents airpumping on
overrun.  This could be the problem.

John McEwen