OFF-TOPIC - Beer Was Re: MG trip to England

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: OFF-TOPIC - Beer Was Re: MG trip to England
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 07:53:03 -0500
There was a brewmeister's conference in Dallas, Texas, and brewery managers
from all over the world attended.  Over the course of the week, three of
them (Bob, Thom, and Ian) got to be pretty good friends.  Bob worked for
Anheuser-Busch, Thom worked for Coors, and Ian worked for the fine folks at
Guiness.  Near the end of the conference, they decided to go out for (what
else) a few beers.

They got to the bar, and the bartender asked each what they wanted.  Bob
said with a smile, "I'll have a Budweiser, the King of Beers."  Thom
answered just as quickly, "Let me have a Coors."  Ian paused a moment,
looked at the other two,  and said in his Irish brogue "I'll have a glass
of milk."

The bartender looked a little surprised, but not as stunned as Bob and
Thom.  Bob finally had the presence of mind to ask "Milk?"

Ian replied, "Well, gentlemen, if neither of you is going to drink beer,
then neither will I."

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net