Ken Costello's 5 speed

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, philip.raby@eos-magazine.com
Subject: Ken Costello's 5 speed
From: jbradley@sun.lssu.edu
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 08:04:37 -0500
Philip,
        With all this talk about 5 speed transmissions, overdrive etc, what ever
happened to Ken Costello and his 5 speed? What is the availability of the
transmission and his suspension products both in the UK & North America?
Who might I contact for more information. I thought the article on Ken this
month was excellent, but I would like to hear more about his facility and a
review of his products.

Thank-you
Jim Bradley

Link Date: Wed, 10 Dec 97 11:42:39 -0000
From: Philip Raby <philip.raby@eos-magazine.com>
Subject: Re: Midget + Overdrive

On 10/12/97 9:04 am Guy Weller said

>Hi Chris, interested in my Midget overdrive conversion ?
>I'm posting this to the list (I think) 'cos there has been quite a lot of
>intertest.

[SNIP]
>Only thing not yet sorted is the odometer drive.  I need one with a female
>screw fitting at the gearbox end, but don't know where to get one.  Does
>anyone know what the MGB cables are like at the O/D gearbox end? Would =
they
>fit ?

Sorry to discuss MGs on this list, but Midget owners will be =
interested in a 5-speed gearbox conversion for the 1500. The cost is =
about =A3800. It uses the original bellhousing, clutch and =
hydraulics. Sounds a worthwhile alternative to an o/d.

If you want to know more, contact Tony Bolton at Moor Lane Garage, =
140 Moor Lane, Preston PR1 1JR, UK; tel/fax: 01772 555020.

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk