Re: MG trip to England (getting more off-topic by the day)

To: mgworld@chp.ltd.uk
Subject: Re: MG trip to England (getting more off-topic by the day)
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 15:22:38 EST
I has come to my attentions that on Thu, 11 Dec 97 11:00:22 -0000 Phil
<mgworld@chp.ltd.uk> writes
:
SNIP

>Sorry, to us anyone from the States is a Yank. Just like you call us
>Brits and Limeys. I think of myself as English; not sure if the Welsh
>think at all ;-))
>So what's the preferred term for our American cousins?
  Phil,
  We gentlefolk from the South  really don't have a problem with you
calling everyone from the States  a "Yank".
  You see, when the protests start, and all the signs say "YANKEE GO
HOME", we know they aren't talking about us.  I mean, how many times have
you seen one that said "REBELS GO HOME"!
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget