Overdrive Driveshaft Length

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Overdrive Driveshaft Length
From: Kevin Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 16:57:35 -0600
I have a '71 MGB that I am putting an overdrive transmission in.  I've
heard that there is a slight difference in length between the overdrive
and non-overdrive driveshafts (overdrive slightly longer I think).  But
I have also heard that it works fine to use a non-overdrive driveshaft
with an overdrive transmission -- that the difference in length is
negligable.  Then other peolple say that it doesn't make a difference.
Does anybody know for sure????

Thanks!

Kevin Brown   '71 MGB   '74 MGBGT   '74 TR6   '76 TR6   '65 Sprite
Odessa, MO   9 other assorted MGBs  '89 MR2   '97 Z28