Re: Rover 200 - should it be an MG?

To: "The Richards" <smrm@coastalnet.com>, "mgs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rover 200 - should it be an MG?
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 97 17:21:47 -0000
On 13/12/97 12:32 pm The Richards said

>Unless it comes from a workforce dedicated to building, primarily, MGs, then
>it's just a car with an MG badge glued on it. Are there any MG employees
>other than sales/marketing sorts? If no, then is there even really an MG
>company at all, even as part of Rover?
> Does anyone in the BMW/Rover system feel that they work for MG? Or do they
>all feel as though they are BMW/Rover employees building an occassional car
>to which they attach an octagon badge?
>  If the latter is so, then really, MG is no more alive than those dead
>Legionaires propped up to fool the Arabs in "Beau Geste". . .and we're the
>Arabs.
Ouch, that's a negative atitude! ;-)

MG Cars is a division of Rover and talking to peoplw who work for it, I'd
say yes, they do have a loyalty for the MG name.

I must admit, I wouldn't want to see a 'badge-engineered MG 200, but it'd
be nothing new - MG's been doing it for many years.

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk