brakes

To: MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: brakes
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 16:59:59 -0500
I have a fridge full of Old Peculiar, drink Glenfeddish single malt, am
a Stuart of the clan Stuart. Does that qualify me to ask an (not "a" )
automobile question ?  I hope I am on the correct list; it gets sooooo
confusing since I don't own a cat or TR7, & have no interest in a MG
that is not,  & will not be, imported into the country in which I live,
& subsequently, will never be available to me to purchase.

I am looking for a catalogue for Lockheed brake parts, specifically,
calipers; more specifically, Range Rover. In addition to part numbers, I
am looking for dimensional information. This is part of a brake upgrade
project for my 74 GT.

And, YES !  GT owners are smarter, better looking, more distinguished,
etc, really have to fight off an excess of beautiful women.

True GT story.  Several years ago, I was to meet a contractor to pick up
a set of plans for a future project. The meeting site was a new Mercedes
dealership the contractor had recently completed. When I arrived at the
dealership, I found a serious party in progress. It seems this was the
pre-grand opening celebration, invitation only with valet parking, 2
bands, open bar, 5 star buffet, etc. While waiting in line to pull in, I
saw all of the non-Mercedes cars ahead being checked for invitations,
and several being escorted off the premises. Since this is a suburb of
"Our Nation's Capitol", I was not suprised to see several Senators, & a
Supreme Court Justice in attendance.

Needless to say, when I approached the valet station, appropriately
dressed in Levis & a golf shirt, I was NOT asked for an invation. A well
dressed gentleman of about 45 opened my door, commented "very nice car,
sir, is it all right for us to park it for you, or would you prefer to
park it yourself?"

 Jim

74 BGT V8
75 MGB V8