The Encyclopedia of Classic Cars - Review (Long)

To: MG Enthusiasts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The Encyclopedia of Classic Cars - Review (Long)
From: "Michael F. Adamson" <madamson@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 17:08:08 -0500
John McEwen wrote:

>>Hello fellow listers:

>>Yesterday I purchased a book entitled "The Encyclopedia of Classic Cars=
,
Celebration of the Motor Car from 1945 to 1975" by Martin Buckley, printe=
by Acropolis Books.  I was impressed with the size, packaging and price,
but quickly dismayed at the contents.>>

             (lots of interesting stuff cut out and John continues)

>>This is just another coffee-table book, written and released to take
advantage of the Christmas season.  It would make a good stocking-stuffer=

for those who are interested in looking at pictures and for those who cou=
ld
use a few shots of some of the more interesting Brit/Eurocars of the
post-war era.>>

Damned fine, John.  As usual, informed, entertaining and amusing and I'AM=

NOT GOING TO BUY THE BOOK.  Thanks for saving me a few bucks that I don't=

have at this time of year.

Regards,

Michael.