Re: How do you drive an MGB in the cold?

To: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Subject: Re: How do you drive an MGB in the cold?
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 23:34:28 -0500
This is quite normal for any engine and especially a small one.  The heater
acts as a very efficient radiator, the thermostat never opens and the car
cools off.  The Swedes solved this problem with the on-board radiator
shutter used on the Volvo 544, as did DKW.  An old western Canadian trick
is to use cardboard to cover the entire radiator but cut a hole about 8
inches in diameter in the middle of the cardboard.  You might have to
adjust the size of the hole depending on the amount and kind of driving you
do.  Of course all of this is dependent on the ambient air temperature at
all times.

John McEwen