MGs and women (WAS: brakes)

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGs and women (WAS: brakes)
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 09:35:14 -0500
<SNIP!>
And, YES !  GT owners are smarter, better looking, more distinguished,
etc, really have to fight off an excess of beautiful women.
<SNIP!>

The ongoing discussion of MGs and women brings to mind something that
happened two summers ago (please note, this is a <<clean>> story).

I was parked next to one of those jacked up 4x4s with the huge balloon
tires that should never be driven on the pavement.  These vehicles are all
over Central Ohio, particularly in Columbus.  Anyway, as I was coming out
of the auto parts place, the owner of the 4x4 was standing there looking at
my MG Midget with his girlfriend next to him.  I overheard the following
conversation as I walked past:

BILLY:  Looka here Darla (darlin?).  What kind of man would drive a silly
lookin little thing like that!

DARLA:  Shut up, Billy!  (sweetly) I think it's cuuute!

I just smiled at the lady, tipped my tweed cap, got in and drove away.  As
I glanced in my mirror, Billy was just standing there trying to figure out
what had just happened, as Darla waved enthusiastically.

Best snappy comeback I ever made, and I didn't have to say a word!

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net
'77 Midget (that flirts more than I do!)