Re: Dying Webber

To: pplusb@northlink.com
Subject: Re: Dying Webber
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 15:24:54 -0700
Bill, when you fiddle with the mixture you need to start the car and run
it until the carb is hot, the engine temperature should be in the normal
range.  Then turn the idle mixture screw all the way in, don't tighten
it.  Then screw it out, the engine should pick up RPM as you turn it out.
 As you continue to turn it out at some point the engine will lose RPM.
Now you know the maximum and minimum setting.  The object is to set the
screw so the engine is at the maximum RPM at idle which will be somewhere
in between the two maximum and minimum settings you have found.  Once you
have done this you will probably never have to mess with it again.

After you have accomplished this you can use the idle speed adjustment
screw to sthe the idle RPM.  If you have a standard cam in your engine
you should be able to set the idle somewhere between 700-900 RPM.

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas