Car Names

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Car Names
From: "EPMD- Van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 13:07:55 +0100
O.K. Folks, this is going to sketchy, because it was something I heard
on a radio talk show about a year ago.

As much as I can remember,  there are actually consulting firms that
charge (IMHO) outrageous fees to help (research, suggest, whatever)
names for new products for all types of industry.  Not just car names,
although cars were specifically mentioned.  These consulting firms
theoretically research if proposed names have been used before, have any
negative meaning in any obscure language, appeal to the masses
psychologically, etc, etc.

Don't know how much this will add to the current thread, but I thought
it might be sort of interesting.

"Jay"
John S. van Syckel
1971 MGB (BRG, no PO0