RE: P-51 Genealogy

To: "'Lawrie Alexander'" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: RE: P-51 Genealogy
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 08:34:44 -0800
Lawrie,
I don't know about P-51s making it to the stars, but lots of stars made
it to P-51s (such as Clark Gable, Don DeFore, etc. in all those WW!!
flicks!)

One "airplane" that made it into space was shown in this awful movie on
the Sci-Fi Channel last week. The movie setting is a base on the Moon,
with the usual murder plot going on.  The folks in the white hats manage
to escape at the last minute in a "space shuttle", just before a
dematerializing bomb takes out the base.  The "space shuttle" interior
looked suspiciously like a Boeing 707 simulator, complete with the
flight engineer's panel!

Nothing can escape my trivial gaze!

Cheers, PK