Re: What's in a name..... (waaaay off topic)

To: mgworld@chp.ltd.uk
Subject: Re: What's in a name..... (waaaay off topic)
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 17:01:33 EST
On Wed, 17 Dec 97 13:07:42 -0000 Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk> writes:
>On 17/12/97 9:04 am ROBERT G. HOWARD said

  Old Uffa must have been a wild man. The stories that circulated about
him make one think that he would have spent a large number of his days in
gaol had he not been such a talented designer and writer.  I have a copy
of "Uffa Fox's Second Book," which I just went through looking for pics
of him on land. Plenty of them, with clients, crew, in the UK, Canada and
more, with an airplane, but not one MG in sight. If he did, I'm sure that
it was supercharged, had a tach with the calibrations beginning at 4M,
and he beat the living daylights out of it before taking it in for
warranty work.
Bob