Horrible Admission

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Horrible Admission
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 22:57:47 -0500
Hello fellow SOLers:

I have a horrible admission to make.  As a result of all that traffic last
week about wedges, I have gone out and bought one.  Yes, it's true.  There
was something about the abuse heaped on the poor, ugly little car that I
felt compelled to find out if everything is true.  This way, I can badmouth
them from an owners point of view.

The Ugly Duckling is a 1976 Triumph TR7 coupe.  It is Pimento Red with a
dark blue interior.  It is a 50,000 original mile car with no rust!  The
car is a four speed with factory AM-FM radio, heated rear window.  It has
been repainted - probably by a cut-rate outfit - and the PO kindly provided
all new brakes, including calipers and rotors, a new windshield, valve job,
engine re-seal, carb overhaul.  It is the dual Stromberg engine.  The
interior is perfect and immaculate and everything works.  I am afraid I may
have paid too much for it however, as I was forced to give $500 (US $350)
for it.  If this is too shocking for the rest of you, I'll sell it tomorrow
and look for a Midget that needs a home.

Merry Christmas

John McEwen

PS:  This was my birthday present from me to me.