re:Odd systems

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re:Odd systems
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 19:13:05 -0500 (EST)
> I too am the proud owner of a Smiths Ass Sensor.  If anyone wants it, I will
>gladly trade it for one of those handbrake diodes that makes the car start at
>random.  BTW. I dissassembled mine and found it to be the cheapest piece of
>crap ever to be invented.  The contacts inside are easily bent.  Also, the
>rubber straps under the seats stretch out so fast, there in never enough ass
>pressure to compress the little thing enough to make the car think anyone is
>in the seat.  That miight not be hhave been true then, but that brings me to a
>question...
>
>   Does anybody own a vehicle with any of the following systems operating?
>        MG ZAorZB Magnette with a ManuMatic Clutchless Manual Gearbox
>         MG 1100 or Austin America with a four speed automatic, in the sump
>         MGB with ignition buzzer... disconnected but operating versions don't
>count.
>         Pre-War MG with "Smiths Jack-All" intergral jacking?  (Who else but
>MG assume the car would break so much you needed to build in the jacks!)
>
>If you have any of these systems working, or know of any other bizzare British
>systems of doing something harder than it has to be done (Example:  Hillman's
>with metal bbeads as switches that clump into a hunk of rust....), bring them
>up!
I think someone wired one of these into my reverse lights, as they only
seem to work if I stand behind the car, and look directly at them.  Does
this mean I'm an ass?
Calvin Krug
'79 MGB
several piles of parts, which, when (if?) assembled, may resemble a '75
Spitfire
"Never mind world peace, visualize using your turn signal"