'77 MGB Manifold/cat converter gasket.

To: MG Enthusiasts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '77 MGB Manifold/cat converter gasket.
From: "Michael F. Adamson" <madamson@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 20:38:18 -0500
Hi,

Well it's done it again.  The gasket between the manifold and the convert=
er
on the '77B has gone west.  It also caused the car to stop.  Most
interesting thing:  the exhaust gasses cause the filter to bung up to the=

point the car won't run at all.

Anyway, the point is I have to glue the damn thing back together.  I
appreciated all the suggestions as to why it keeps coming apart.  The
concensus was that the bracket just behind the converter must be secured.=
 =

Mine wasn't and hasn't been through all my travails.

I purchased all the necessaries from Moss and ordered, at their and the
parts list's direction, ordered 3 studs, 2 short and 1 long.  Where does
the long one go?  All the ones on it are the same length, including the
inboard one that fell out.

The most common suggestion for installing the gasket was to remove the
exhaust manifold.  What a pain! Just thinking about doing it as it sits
gives me lots of incentive to try anything else.

Comments, suggestions, commiserations, discrete laughter and surreptitiou=
finger pointing are encouraged.

Regards,
Michael.

Never renew an attack along the same line or in the same form once it has=

been beaten back.
David J. Rogers.