Re: The Ugly Wedgling: Will it be a Swan. The saga continues, Part 3

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: The Ugly Wedgling: Will it be a Swan. The saga continues, Part 3
From: "JedPiper" <JedPiper@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 20:47:45 -0600
John -

Moss sells a product called Dynamat that I used on the firewall of my '76 B
to reduce some of the "ambient" engine noise.  It works well, but is pretty
expensive at $79.95 for a 3'x4' sheet.  Since installing the stuff, I've
found that most home centers sell a sound deadening material that has felt
on one side and foil on the other for about US$15.00-$20.00 for a 4'x6'
sheet.  You might consider tucking some of this material beneath your
carpets/headliner and on the firewall  to absorb some the noise you've
described.

For what it's worth; when I was in high school I promised myself  that one
day I would own a TR7 and should the right wedge come along, I will.  Hey,
anybody can drive a spot-on reliable, easy to maintain car...like an
MG...right?

Good motoring,

Jed Piper
'76 MGB