Re: MGB Covers / Antennas

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: MGB Covers / Antennas
From: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 21:29:16 EST

> OK I'll bite. How, when you put a cover on the car do you handle the
>  antenna? I have a cover for the Midget that I used for several years.
>  Then wthis last spring when I got it runnin' again I have not used the
>  cover 'cuz I put the antenna back in and am not sure about cutting a hole
>  in the cover for it to go over the spike. Well, what would you say?

Simple, when the car was in the shop I had the body man do an
antennalectomy. I can't find anything I like on the radio anyway.
Remember you don't need an antenna to listen to a tape or CD.
I bet a guy could mount one of those short rubber duck antennas
inside behind the seats somewhere. Even if the top bends it over
a little, so what. One could even duct tape a length of wire to the
inside of the top. Take a look at the late model cars, a lot of them
have radios with no visible antenna. The antenna is actually a thin
wire embedded in the window glass.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336