Re: The Ugly Wedgling...

To: mgworld@chp.ltd.uk
Subject: Re: The Ugly Wedgling...
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 17:07:12 EST
On Sun, 21 Dec 97 12:48:02 -0000 Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk> writes:
>On 21/12/97 12:00 pm The Richards said
>
>>New American cars have a third brake light, middle of car and raised
>in
>>height.
>
>These have caught on in the UK in recent years, although there is
>still
>some argument about the effectiveness of them. I think they're a good
>idea. Only problem is, they're a pain for car designers!
>
>Philip Raby

The things have actually been mandatory since the 86 model year.
You can imagine the bodges that were bolted on to new cars in
the first couple of years until they were integrated into the designs!!
My award for the WORST design of these is Morgan, - the thing
is on a stalk that looks like a serpents head (or worse..)

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster