Re: 220V in Garage?

To: leigh@eznet.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, gaughan@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: 220V in Garage?
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 19:59:05 EST
In a message dated 97-12-30 19:39:04 EST, leigh@eznet.net writes:

> Yes, I would run a large 220V line to the garage and break it down with a
>  breaker panel there. That will give you flexibility in what you do there.

Bob:

I would second Leigh's comment. If you don't, I can almost gaurantee you will
regret it in time. If you do, you will thank yourself over and over again for
being such a clever fellow.

220V heaters, welders, air compressors, etc, all work so much better than
their 110V counterparts. Sooner, rather than later, you will want one of each.

In addition, one 20 amp 220 volt circuit will power 40 amps of 110 v loads, if
connected properly. So you can run double the load with the same size cable,
or the same load with half the cable. Cost effective even if you never have
anything but 110V tools.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74