Re: Black cam folowers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Black cam folowers
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 00:35:46 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 1 Jan 1998, charlie schellinck wrote:

> I just recived my set of cam folowers from octagon motor group and they
> are black like a gun barrel. should I remove this with a solvent or a
> light buffing compound anybody else experance this.

The black color is caused by heat treatment.  Certainly clean them with
solvent, as you should any new part, but don't try to buff off the surface
color.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us