Re: MGA superiority, long strokes, RBB stuff, Fergussons,

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA superiority, long strokes, RBB stuff, Fergussons,
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 07:45:00 -0800 (PST)
At 09:23 PM 1/1/98 -0600, Bill East(on)man wrote:

<SNIP>

>The Standard engine was used in a variety of vehicles including 4 cylinder
>TR's and the Fergusson tractor.  We had a couple of Fergies on our farm and
>they are good tractors although I hope that TR's don't actually use the
>same block since the block makes the frame of the tractor and it is heavy
>beyond all belief.

A good friend of mine, whom I can't persuade to buy an LBC, decided he
wanted a vintage tractor to putter about with.  He bought a 50-something
Ferguson tractor as a resto project. (!?)  The motor was seized, he needed
pistons, rings and some ignition parts, among assorted other bits. He
searched high and low, checking out all the farm equipment and auto shops
till an old timer pointed him in the right direction. Where did he get them?
Moss motors! Ordered them out of the Triumph  (TR4) catalouge.  Really!.

Cheers,