Re: tires and dirt

To: davidandmichelles@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: tires and dirt
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 19:11:01 -0700
I can't help you with the tires, but I can help with the engine washing.
I used to pull my distributor cap and wires and then put an old cap on
the distributor, then an old rubber cap over the coil HT connection, then
I covered my air filter with a big freezer size bag.  I never had a
problem starting after a thorough soaking.  However, the last two times I
have cleaned my engine I have not done anything in preparation.  I
squirted plenty of engine cleaner on the engine and just sprayed, I took
no special care to avoid any areas.  It starts every time,,,,,,,,,,,,, so
far!

Good luck!

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
On Sat, 3 Jan 1998 18:58:52 -0600 "David Stecher"
<davidandmichelles@email.msn.com> writes:
>Two quick questions to the group and I Thank you in advance.
>
>1)...I was at the local tire store getting a valve stem replaced on the
>family truckster when I spotted some tires that would look good on
Fergie