Re: Chrome vs. Rubber

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Subject: Re: Chrome vs. Rubber
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 22:00:42 EST
On Sat, 03 Jan 1998 13:46:35 +0000 Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
writes:

TABLE SAW TYPE SNIP

>Another thing that saddens me is the snobbery that seems rife amongst
>MGB
>owners here in the UK, at least.  Chrome vs Rubber, roadster vs GT,
>slatted
>grill vs recessed/honeycomb.  The difference is response to waves to
>other
>drivers from each of my cars is very marked, and very disappointing.
>
>PaulH.

 Hey Paul
  The UK doesn't have a monopoly on stupid snobbery.  On this side of the
Atlantic pond, we have a large infestation of it too.
  Some so called enthusiats dont believe MG made any cars after _______
(1939,1955,1961, 1974 - fill in the blank)
   But if you get to talking to some of the MK snobs, you'll soon
discover they are about as shallow as their pronouncements.  If the truth
be known, in a lot of cases, they bought the C/B, recessed grill MGB
because it was the one they could find at the time.  And over the years,
they have convinced their own small minds of  the superiority of this
particular itteration of the car.
   Who needs  'em?
 There's too many real MG nuts who care about MG's from Old No 1 to the
MGF to worry about the others.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget