Re: Rubber vs. Chrome

To: Scott Gardner <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Rubber vs. Chrome
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 14:46:18 +0000
Scott Gardner wrote:

> > >My wife's Volvo's have rubber bumpers and my MGB has chrome.  All I can
> > >tell you is that my car is more fun to drive.  Must be the bumpers. ;)
> >
> > No. It's the Volvo. It's a milkcrate on wheels.
> >
> > (but rubber bumpers!)
> >
> > (insert maniacal laugh here...)
> >

> > BEN RUSET - mailto:bruset@monmouth.com
> > MG Cars Webring - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis/mgring/index.html
> > Safety Fast!    - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis
> > Crossroads      - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
> >

> I don't know if Volvo owners have a reputation for not really
> enjoying driving, but I've heard it said that they just drive them
> while they're waiting for someone to develop teleportation
> technology!
> Scott

There's a current Volvo ad on UK TV featuring the Safety bloke from the US Land
Speed Record team.  He implies that his job is boring and he only does it
because he gets to drive the Volvo home.  I'm glad he's not my safety bloke.

Another current ad reckons twin brothers separated at birth and brought up in
very different environments both bought a Lexus on the same day.

PaulH.