Re: Engine Swaps

To: Simon Bosworth <simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Swaps
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 16:10:44 -0500
Hi Simon:

We poor North Americans are not privileged to have access to Brit-Ford or
GM vehicles so the virtual engine-swapping will really have to be virtual.
I suppose the best swap is to find what is available at the best price,
minimum effort and maximum performance for the previous categories.

Hmmm.  Sounds like a BMC "B" engine.  Oh, well.  Back to the drawing board.

Seriously however, the best candidates might be some of the hot new
Japanese engines - providing one can find them in a carefully wrecked
vehicle.  They aren't much use if they've been peeled off the front of a
locomotive.  Some of the Toyota and Nissan engines - especially turbo
versions - are producing 200+ horsepower out of 2.0 litre fours.  That's a
far cry from my TR7 engine.

John